Our studio is solar-powered!
Each year, our solar-powered system produces enough renewable energy to run Stargazer Fine Jewelry for 4,380 hours.
(365 days x 24 hours/day x 50% = 4,380 hours)
THE EIFFEL TOWER
Could run for 134 hours with the energy our solar panels produce each year.
Could run for 16.5 years with the energy we produce each year.
The amount of time you could run a cell phone using the energy produced each year at Evolved.
18 TONS OF CARBON SAVED A YEAR
The equivalent of almost 470 trees!
Other ways we do our part
In addition to our rooftop Solar Panels, Stargazer tries to reduce, reuse and recycle whenever possible. Here are some of the things we do:
- We use biodegradable nitrile gloves and biodegradable reclosable bags. We even re-use the bags whenever possible!
- We use repurposed & recycled 14k gold to create one-of-a-kind jewelry.
- We recycle paper, glass, aluminum, & plastic and share our dumpster with the neighbors!
- Tectum soundproofing was saved from a scrapyard and used all over the studio.
- We’ve repurposed used windows and doors for use inside our studio.
- Our shipping boxes are made from 95% post-consumer waste, use water/soy-based inks, and are 100% recyclable.
- We re-use other shipping materials such as bubble wrap, air packets, and other materials.
- We have second-hand desks and office chairs.
- The majority of our shipping and manufacturing supplies are made in the USA.
- Instead of giving out unwanted jewelry gift boxes that will end up in the landfill, we offer hand-stamped jewelry gift boxes for a small cost. This way, our goal is to ensure that the gift boxes will be put to good use and, hopefully, not be thrown away immediately.